Saturday, September 25, 2010

Spotted. Denim takes over Crosby & Prince St/Soho.

Feeling Sartorialist-inspired today, I went downtown to Soho for a day of shopping to browse what's in stores this season. I walked around everywhere and noticed that denim shirts were a huge trend, I've seen at least five people wearing them in different ways. I feel that denim is a particular fabric that pieces can certainly be versatile. Denim Button-Down Shirts look cool and casual, breezy and not trying too hard. So I've never asked anyone off the street if I could take a picture of their outfit before, but it was surprisingly easier than I thought! I came across a girl with an outfit that caught my eye, her denim shirt and light scarf were both from Zara in Milan, her shorts from Topshop, her shoes from a store in Uptown NYC, and her tote was given by Copenhagen during Fashion Week. This is a clear cut example of the trickle-up theory; where fashion can be influenced from the streets to runway. Chloe's A/W '10 Collection included a few denim shirts worn with layers.
Street Shot
Street Shot
Chloe F/W'10
Chloe F/W'10
 

No comments: