Thursday, January 6, 2011

Menswear Fashion.

http://www.wwd.com/menswear-news/is-mens-wear-back-3412226?module=today
Read this article from WWD. I've honestly never really given much thought about men's clothing before. I mean, suits are suits. And yes that crisp button-down shirt can come in a wide variety of colors and patterns. And ties are one of the few accessories a man can use to dress up an outfit, right? I was totally wrong. This winter break, I spent everyday working in a men's furnishing section of a department store. It wasn't my ideal job, but it turned out to be one of the best things I've ever done. I totally discovered a world of dress shirts, ties, cufflings, scarfs, hats, gloves, socks, wallets, money clips...only naming a few. It became fun to sell Burberry, Gucci, Ferragamo, Boss, and more brands. The article on WWD quoted from Marc Gobe, president of Emotional Branding LLC, "It's also not impossible that men are discovering what women have known all along- that buying new clothes is psychologically rewarding and not a vast experience." It's true, ahh the power of new clothes.

No comments: