Tuesday, February 15, 2011

NYFW Fall 2011.

The past few days of NYFW has showcased many, many great collections for this upcoming Fall Season. There are too many of my favorites to mention them all, but here are a few collections that I completely adore.

I've been noticing that many pieces from Theysken's Theory have been catching my eye lately, whether it be flipping through a magazine or working at my internship. The style is so chic, loose, and sophisticated.
I picked the following three looks from The Row, because I love how each piece makes a powerful statement. Its loud while standing out courageously against the all-black pieces.
Marc Jacobs puts on another fun show, almost a forties-esque theme...down the runway the models were sporting vinyl berets with chin straps, polka dots, lace, and boxy tops-very feminine.
And as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was eagering waiting for Betsey Johnson's show. The "He loves me, he loves me not" theme was fun and inspiring. The looks started off with brights, florals, and prints. Towards the middle, "real models" with all different body types walked down the runway. These "real models" actually included store managers, regional managers, stylists, and design assistants. It's definitely a breath of fresh air to see something completely different like this.
Photo Credits: (All)
www.nymag.com

1 comment:

Jen Danczak said...

Hi girly! thanks for following, I'm returning the favor :) How did you get a ShoppingForecast badge? I would love to put one on my site as well! Thanks!