Friday, March 4, 2011

Fashion = Walking History.

Every season we look forward to new trends. But if you're fashion educated, you know that none of these trends are really new. Fashion is a cycle that repeats itself over and over again. Designers update these trends of course, and add their own style to the collection. The other day while working on a project, I found myself surrounded by designer goods. To my right, I saw large hats and berets...where did we see these worn before? Oh yeah, the 40's. And upon my left, I found huge platforms, chunky ones. Hmmm...they totally have the 1970's written all over them.

Looking at this A/W'11 trends, thanks to my savior, WGSN many trends show obvious glimpses into the past. Let's take a look!

My latest obsession....MAXI SKIRTS a la 70's.

Theysken's Theory
Structured Silhouettes...40's.

Marc Jacobs


Plaids...when were they NOT in?
Rag & Bone
Lamé...look out for these burnished metallics to last all holiday season!

Zac Posen

And the list goes on...but you get the drift! The lesson here? Go crazy- look through your mother or even grandmother's closet...you just might find a stylish hidden treasure!

Photo Credits:

No comments: