Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bridal Market Week 2012.

It's that beautiful time of year again, Bridal Market Week for Spring 2012 is currently going on as I sit here writing about it. This is one of those times where I wish my schedule allowed me some time to actually volunteer for some shows. I remember last year dressing Oscar de la Renta and Douglas Hannat's gorgeous collections. My dream wedding would definitely include a Vera Wang gown, the Hamptons, a country club, a string orchestra- and beautiful weather! As I am wedding obsessed, and one day to be bridezilla- I HAD to look at the most recent collections. If you've read today's front cover of WWD, I'm sure the silk satin gown by Carolina Herrera caught your eye. Here are two that I absolutely love.

Vera Wang
Oscar de la Renta

Brides out there- of course you need amazing heels to go with that gown but are they actually practical dancing shoes? Two weeks ago, I was lucky to attend a TOMS press preview of their new collection. I saw some pretty innovative designs for a simple shoe style. Plaids, houndstooth, burlap, and even sparkles! What I found most interesting was their new wedding collection. The "something blue" can be fulfilled by the new sparkly blue TOMS. How adorable and perfect would that be? A pair of each one of your bridesmaids would be ideal too. And they come in black from the groom and groomsmen too. And even cuter- Youth and Tiny TOMS are available! Check out their latest styles at http://www.toms.com/wedding-collection


Photo Credits: WWD.com
TOMS.com

1 comment:

Culture Case said...

Hi Wendy!!!
Interesting post, Tom's and wedding shoes, who woulda thought. haha.
xMarianne