Thursday, April 21, 2011

Paint it Black...or BOLD?

The past week, I have to admit...I've been wearing a whole lot of black! But why is that? Maybe because of the constant rushing like a hurricane out of my room to get somewhere, but why has black become the non-written uniform for almost all New Yorkers? Because it's easy of course, it flatters everyone. But hey, it's spring now. I always wonder- take a look at my wardrobe and you'll see every color under the rainbow, so where do those clothes go? They have been staying on their hangers. Sorry closet, I swear I'm not depressed or anything.

Looking at the most recent runways, I see bright oranges, acid pinks, and royal blues. Prada and Jil Sander definitely make that clear. Color is in! We should all be excited about it. In my Product Development class, we had a discussion that each color represents a mood. Next time I'm sad, I'll reach for a soft blue cashmere V-Neck sweater, and when I'm feeling happy, I'll throw on a smile and a bright yellow sundress. Even the stores are blooming with colors, I walked into Zara the other day and the store screamed color block. I'm sure walking down the street in these outfits will definitely brighten up your day.

Prada Fall 2011
Prada Fall 2011
Jil Sander Fall 2011
Jil Sander Fall 2011
Zara
Zara
Zara

Photo Credits: www.nymag.com
www.zara.com

No comments: