Friday, September 9, 2011

Fashion's Night Out 2011!

Who went out last night in NYC for FNO?! If you did, please share your fashion adventures here. Yesterday was another crazy long but fun eighteen-hour day for me. After a whole day of work I ran home to get ready for the kick off to NYFW. But knowing the busy streets of New York, plans always change! I planned to go to many different events, and ended up spending my whole night downtown. But hey I had so much fun! First, I went down to the Meatpacking District where Pop Chips were sponsoring a circus-like event. Then I walked over to Giorgio Armani, where they were showing their new collection of glasses. My observations of the night were- Marketing! It's everywhere, companies have the perfect opportunity to show the best of themselves throught this one big fashion event. At Armani, they handed out free oversized black glasses frames that were fun and cute for taking pictures with friends. The photographers took pictures of all the guests on polaroids, attached them to a chic black leather notebook and gave them out in little shopping bags. They were called the 'Frames of Life' How adorable is that? I went to Hotel Ganseevoort then headed to Washington St. where I saw stylist Rachel Zoe at Intermix. Then I went over to Soho after but by then it was 11pm and stores were closed! The one thing I would change is that the city never sleeps, so why should stores? Overall FNO was great, it's a win-win for shoppers and giving back (also doesn't make you feel guilty from overspending!)

Xx

No comments: