Saturday, February 2, 2013

Four Eyed Face.


I was recently contacted by Firmoo, an global online optical store to receive a pair of prescription or non-prescription glasses and write my feelings away here on style meets story, about their product. So why not? Glasses are a huge part of my life; I've been a glasses wearer since the age of ten. As I turned twelve, I thought I'd be cool enough to try contacts, and now I switch between the two. All I know is, I'd be blind without either. I was curious as to what the Firmoo company was all about, as I've never been exposed to any campaigns or advertisements about it. I know that lately, it's an emerging trend to wear glasses, even for those with twenty-twenty vision - so much that online retailers have picked up the wants of the market, and are starting to offer greater selections. See my previous post, Through The Lens.

Having a great variety and selection of prescription and non-prescription eyewear for men and women, Firmoo is the world's most popular online eyeglasses store. Because of the elimination of brick and mortar stores, and expenses cut from obtaining direct materials from manufacturers, Firmoo offers the most affordable eyewear you can get at a quality level. It's available to be shipped to 68 different countries across the globe. The feedback I have to give about the company is their persistence. From the moment I was in touch with the company, their customer service has been straightforward and reliable. I was actually thinking about getting a new pair of black frames, so I knew the style I had in mind. After looking through the selection, I scrolled down to skim over the dimensions. I appreciate that each frame has their exact length and width listed. Nothing is worst than choosing a frame too big or vice versa; and having to go through a mail return. Also, there are many customers who have posted photos of them wearing the frames. It makes it easy to imagine how it would look like in person, and makes the site more interesting! And the insane organization for shape, material, size, and frame is a winner. I chose a large oval black frame with grain-colored temples. I do wish each frame had its own style name though - this one has a style number of #ZS1117.

I then provided my prescription and shipping information. Within a week, my glasses have arrived! The only slight disappointment is that the width was a bit large. Even though I've measured the frame to be the same width as my other pair of glasses. The screws on the side of the frames were also not as tight as they should be. But it does come with extra screws and keychain adjuster.

Try a pair for yourself - Firmoo recently launched a new program 'First Pair Free For New Customers'. Very simple - choose a pair of glasses with single vision lenses and just pay shipping. I definitely recommend it! I'm already thinking about my next pair...round in shape and tortoise in print!



Photo Credits: Own.

No comments: