Sunday, August 4, 2013

Retrospect-(acle)


It's been a pretty warm summer, New York. Your weather mood swings always get me, but I find myself never leaving the door without a good pair of sunnies. I'm seeing more and more round frames, and like everything else in fashion - it's all a cycle of repetition. In retrospect, round framed sunnies are literally retro - existent since the beginning on spectacles, worn throughout the centuries of scientists to rock stars since the 1930's, they're certainly here to stay. Here's a modern take on some current ones out there.

These are the exception to the rest of the modern frames - I got them last semester at FIT from one of my favorite vendors. Sourced from trade shows and travels, they always have the best finds.


Cutler & Gross
Lime Round Sunglasses
Opening Ceremony
Oversized Round Sunglasses
Illesteva
Frieda Round Frame Mirrored Acetate Sunglasses

The Row
Signature Round Sunglasses in Iron & Blush


Matthew Williamson
Abstract Rounded Sunglasses


Photo Credits: All individually sourced within links.

No comments: